International Student Orientation (ISO)
International Student Orientation (ISO) is a fun and important part of joining the Penn State community. In ISO you will learn about….
- Academic and social life at Penn State
- Insurance, immunization requirements, and University Health Services
- On- and off-campus resources and support services
- Strategies to get the most out of your time at Penn State
You will also have the opportunity to….
- Get your Penn State ID card
- Open a U.S. bank account
- Upload necessary immigration and contact information
- Meet with an adviser and schedule courses
- Make friends and great connections with your peers and older students
- Explore the campus and facilities
Studies show the academic and social benefits of participating in orientation programs. Faculty members and advisers see a marked difference in the preparedness and success of students who have participated in orientation. You will be placed in a small group led by two Orientation Leaders (OLs) who will guide you through orientation and answer your questions.
Begins Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018 for all students (graduate, undergraduate, transfer, exchange) starting Penn State in the spring 2018 semester.
Began Sunday, August 6th, 2017. For graduate students starting Penn State in the Fall 2017 semester.
Began Friday, August 11th, 2017. For all undergraduate students (First-year, transfer, exchange) starting Penn State in the Fall 2017 semester.
Began Thursday, June 22nd, 2017. For all students (graduate, undergraduate, transfer, exchange) starting Penn State in the Summer 2017 semester.