International Student Orientation (ISO)
International Student Orientation (ISO) is a fun and important part of joining the Penn State community. In ISO you will learn about….
- Academic and social life at Penn State
- Insurance, immunization requirements, and University Health Services
- On- and off-campus resources and support services
- Strategies to get the most out of your time at Penn State
You will also have the opportunity to….
- Get your Penn State ID card
- Open a U.S. bank account
- Upload necessary immigration and contact information
- Meet with an adviser and schedule courses
- Make friends and great connections with your peers and older students
- Explore the campus and facilities
Studies show the academic and social benefits of participating in orientation programs. Faculty members and advisers see a marked difference in the preparedness and success of students who have participated in orientation. You will be placed in a small group led by two Orientation Leaders (OLs) who will guide you through orientation and answer your questions.
Begins Monday, August 6th, 2018 for graduate students starting Penn State in the fall semester.
Begins Friday, August 10, 2018, for all undergraduate students (first-year, transfer, and exchange students) starting Penn State in the Fall 2018 semester.
Begins Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 for all students (graduate, undergraduate, and transfer) starting Penn State in summer 2018.