Leader, Supervisor, & Chaperone Workshops
All Individuals who are leading/supervising/chaperoning student groups traveling internationally must participate in an Emergency Preparedness Workshop (EPW) prior to traveling. This is a university requirement outline in the international travel policy and should be completed no less than 30 days prior to the travelers' planned departure date.
Please be advised:
- The workshop dates are listed at the end of the form registration. Dates have been scheduled for the entire calendar year. Please review the schedule to see what time best suits your schedule. Please note that the schedule is subject to change.
- All workshops are live streamed to online participants except where otherwise noted. Currently, there are no in-person workshops available. Participants are highly encouraged to turn on their cameras to facilitate participation. Participation is expected by all participants.
- Prior registration is required to participate in the workshop. Once you have registered you will receive a zoom link to access the workshop as well as any additional materials needed. Please do not share the link with anyone else.. Anyone who attends the workshop that has not registered prior to the training will not receive credit and will be required to retake the workshop.
- The workshop will begin at the time you have selected and you will be placed in a waiting room. All participants are defaulted to a "waiting room" and will be granted access by the trainer before the workshop begins. It will be us to the discreation of the trainer to allow latecomers into the workshop. If you have missed too much of the content, you will not be granted entry and will be required to reschedule your session.
- Each workshop is valid for two years. Group Leaders and chaperones must attend an Emergency Preparedness workshop within two years prior to the return date of their intended travel to stay informed of changing travel conditions and policies. If you are unsure of your last attendance date, please contact the Global Safety Office.
To register, please complete the Emergency Preparedness Workshop Registration Form. When you register, please let us know if you require any special accommodations. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of your browser when completing the form. If you experience any difficulty accessing the form please email the Global Safety Office with the error message you are receiving.
If your travel departure date doesn't allow for you to attend any of the listed workshops, email the Global Safety Office to set up a time/date to attend prior to your departure.