How to Add a New Person in iStart (H1B, TN, E3, O1)
This process is required before any other eForms are attempted if the individual does not already have a profile in iStart.
- Create a PSU ID (exceptions will be made for general visa inquiries only)
- Use the applicant’s name exactly as it appears in the passport
- Enter the email address that the applicant currently uses
- Select "Scholars" as the campus location
- If for a non-general inquiry, select "yes" when asked for an institutional university ID (a new field will be revealed where you will enter the applicant’s PSU ID (do NOT not use dashes or spaces)
- If for a general inquiry, select “no” when asked for an institutional university ID (a temporary id will be created)
- Select "no" when asked if you have a network ID.
- A profile record has now been created.
- Proceed to Departmental Services on the left side of the iStart menu to make your request
DO NOT complete duplicate Add New Person eForms for the same individual. Send an email to FacultyAdvising@psu.edu or call (814) 865-0423 if an error has been made.