Meet with an Education Abroad Adviser
There are many types of education abroad experiences and requirements associated with them. Learn who you can speak with about your overseas experience.
During the Semester
Scheduled Appointments (with a specific adviser):
Walk-ins (general questions):
Students interested in speaking with their Education Abroad Adviser over the summer should contact them directly to schedule an appointment or email EducationAbroad@psu.edu. The Education Abroad office does not have regularly scheduled appointments or walk-in hours available in the summer. All appointments must be made directly with the correct Adviser during this time.
Types of Meetings
The Education Abroad Office offers two types of meetings – scheduled appointments and walk-ins.
- Schedule an appointment to speak with an Education Abroad Adviser who specializes in a certain region/country. See the section “Find Your Education Abroad Adviser” on this page to determine who you should meet with.
- Scheduled appointments are available Tuesday and Wednesday from 1pm-4pm.
- Appointments must be made online through Starfish.
- Appointments will be 20 minutes in length; please be punctual and prepared.
- All advising offices are located in 422 Boucke Building (across the street from the HUB) at University Park.
Commonwealth Campus Students
As it is difficult for you to attend an in-person appointment, advisers are available to talk to you on the phone. Please schedule your appointment through Starfish and call your advisers’ number at your scheduled time.
Most Penn State campuses also have a contact person on the campus for advising on Education Abroad programs, and you can find their names on the campus representative page of our site.
- Walk-ins are available Mondays 1pm-4pm and Thursdays 9am-12pm in 422 Boucke Building, University Park.
- They are only for general information about study abroad – for example: program search, site selection, application questions, costs and funding, etc.
- You will meet with whichever Education Abroad Adviser is on duty that day – you CANNOT meet with a specific adviser during walk-ins. If you would like to meet with a specific adviser, please schedule an appointment with them.
General questions or unsure of study abroad location?
General questions can be directed to email@example.com or you can come to walk-ins!
Please schedule an appointment with the correct adviser based on where you are interested in studying abroad. Make sure to indicate in your appointment which program or country you are interested in!
Tineka Lebrun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- United Kingdom
- CIEE: Global Institutes
Erica Nikolaisen (email@example.com)
- New Zealand
- Middle East
Sarah Spiegel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Latin America
Jamie Weaver (email@example.com)
Johnna Weston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Eastern Europe
How to Make an Appointment
- Once you have selected who you need to meet with, login to Starfish.
- Search for the Service “All Campuses – Global Programs, Directorate of Education Abroad.”
- Find your adviser and schedule an appointment.
- Come to 422 Boucke and check in at the kiosk at your scheduled time!
Full Education Abroad Staff List
Visit our staff directory in order to see the full list of Education Abroad staff.