The Office of Global Programs celebrates and honors global engagement of students, faculty, and staff through a variety of annual events, conferences, and awards.
Global Programs is pleased to announce the 2017-18 award recipients:
- W. LaMarr Kopp International Faculty Award, Professor Rachel A. Smith
- Ardeth and Norman Frisbey International Undergraduate Student Award, Peris Wambui Wamoni
- Ardeth and Norman Frisbey International Graduate Student Award, Fariha H. Salman
- Ardeth and Norman Frisbey International Student Leadership Award, Sidharth Agrawal
Applications will open October 1, 2018.
W. LaMarr Kopp International Faculty Award
The W. LaMarr Kopp International Faculty Award is designed to recognize faculty members at Penn State who make extraordinary contributions to the advancement of the international mission of the university. Criteria for the award includes leadership and support for international education, service to the international community, and research with a significant international component. The award carries a $2,000.00 cash award and a plaque. A applicant must be a full-time faculty member at Penn State University. The award is presented at the University Awards Convocations in the spring of each year.
Applications open October 1, 2018.
Applications close December 15, 2018.
The designation “international", while broadly construed, should include a focus on internationalization of the University through excellence in:
- International education through research, teaching, and service;
- Leadership in improving relations among peoples from different regions of the world; and
- Commitment to meeting the special needs of students, faculty, and/or staff from other countries.
The honoree is typically a faculty member who has demonstrated this international achievement above and beyond the scope of his or her normal duties.
The awards selection committee is comprised of faculty and staff who have demonstrated a commitment to internationalization at Penn State. Members of the selection committee are ineligible to receive the award. To be considered for this award, the following materials must be submitted:
- A completed webform.
- Two letters of recommendation. One from the nominating committee, or nominator, and one from faculty, staff, students, or alumni. No more than two letters will be accepted. (Note: If self-nominating, the committee will need 2 letters of support.)
- CVs or résumés of no more than three pages.
- Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
To apply or nominate, please fill out the Kopp Faculty Award Webform.