The Office of Global Programs celebrates and honors global engagement of students, faculty, and staff through several annual awards programs.
W. LaMarr Kopp International Faculty Award
The W. LaMarr Kopp International Faculty Award is designed to recognize faculty members at Penn State who make extraordinary contributions to the advancement of the international mission of the University. Criteria for the award includes leadership and support for international education, service to the international community, and research with a significant international component. The award carries a $1,500.00 cash award and a plaque. Nominee must be a full-time faculty member at Penn State University. The award is presented at the University Awards Convocations in the spring.
Nominations open November 2, 2020.
Nominations close February 1, 2021 (extended from January 20).
The designation “international," while broadly construed, should include a focus on internationalization of the University through excellence in:
- International education through research, teaching, and service;
- Leadership in improving relations among peoples from different regions of the world; and
- Commitment to meeting the special needs of students, faculty, and/or staff from other countries.
The honoree is typically a faculty member who has demonstrated this international achievement above and beyond the scope of his or her normal duties.
The Global Programs Awards Committee is comprised of faculty and staff who have demonstrated a commitment to internationalization at Penn State. Members of the selection committee are ineligible to receive the award. To be considered for this award, the following materials must be submitted by the nomination deadline:
- A completed online nomination form.
- Two letters of recommendation. One from the nominating committee, or nominator, and one from faculty, staff, students, or alumni. No more than two letters will be accepted. (Note: If self-nominating, the committee will need 2 letters of support.)
- CVs or résumés of no more than three pages.
- Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
To submit a nomination, please complete the W. LaMarr Kopp International Faculty Award Nomination form by February 1, 2021
Letters of support may be uploaded into the web form or emailed directly to email@example.com.