Student Engagement and Intercultural Learning Team
The Office of Global Programs, through the work of the Student Engagement and Intercultural Learning team, is committed to bridging the gap between international & domestic students, making international students feel more welcome & supported, and providing global experiences for all students. Additionally, the Student Engagement and Intercultural Learning team provides training for faculty and staff who wish to incorporate this into their curriculum and oversees many programs, including:
- International Student Orientation- A mandatory program that welcomes international students to Penn State in the summer, fall, and spring.
- Foundations in Global Engagement (FiGE/fee-jee)- FiGE is for first-year undergraduate, graduate, exchange and transfer students interested in meaningful conversations, bridging gaps between international and U.S. students, learning more about U.S. culture, and developing and honoring globally diverse perspectives.
- Global Engagement & Leadership Experience (GELE/jel•ly)- Provides a safe space for a highly diverse group of students to talk about culture and leadership and prepares participants to positively impact the global climate at Penn State and become globally conscious leaders.
- Provides funding for International Student Organizations
- Semester bus trips
The Student Engagement and Intercultural Learning Team is comprised of:
- Coordinates with campus partners
- Manages day-to-day operations
- Directs units strategic goals
Student Engagement Coordinator
- Foundations in Global Engagement
- Community Engagement
- Student Engagement Internships
International Student Coordinator
- International Student Orientation
- Global Engagement Leadership Experience
- International Education Week
- International Student Organizations funding
- Social Media Management
- Staff support