Schedule an Appointment with Education Abroad
There are many types of education abroad experiences and requirements associated with them. Learn who you can speak with about your overseas experience.
Who Can Help Me?
- Questions about studying abroad, picking a program, or planning for your overseas experience?
- Meet with an Education Abroad Adviser!
- Already applied for an Exchange program and need to submit program materials? Or are you an incoming exchange student to Penn State?
- Meet with our Exchange Specialist!
- Returned from abroad and have questions about your grades and course equivalency process?
- Meet with our Records Specialist!
- Education Abroad staff meets with students by appointment only due to the volume of Penn State students going abroad.
- Appointments must be made online.
- Appointments will be 20 minutes in length; please be punctual and prepared.
- All advising offices are located in 422 and 426 Boucke Building (across the street from the HUB) at University Park.
- Non-University Park students may schedule a phone advising appointment through the online system.
General Questions or Unsure of Study Abroad Location?
General questions can be directed to email@example.com.
How to Make an Appointment
- Once you have selected who you need to meet with, click the link that says "Request an appointment" and log in if necessary.
- Click “Select a Date and Time.”
- The current week will appear with timeslots of appointments available – to look at future weeks, click on “next week” in the top left corner.
- Click the time slot which works best for you and then “ok.” You will then come back to the email/information request page.
- You should type a subject and brief message including information about your countries/regions of interest and topics to be discussed.
- Click “send!" and your appointment will be automatically added to the adviser's calendar.
Commonwealth Campus Students
As it is difficult for you to attend an in-person appointment, advisers are available to talk to you on the phone. Please follow the same steps above and in the message box indicate that it will be a phone advising appointment, provide a phone number, and the adviser will call you at that time. Most Penn State campuses also have a contact person on the campus for advising on education abroad programs, and you can find their names on the campus representative page of our site.
Karyn Comeau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Karyn advises for programs in France, Belgium, Greece, Croatia, Canada, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
Schedule an appointment with Karyn Comeau. Go to 426C Boucke Building, University Park, at your appointment time.
Tineka Lebrun (email@example.com)
Tineka is the Manager of Advising, and she advises for programs in the United Kingdom and Ireland. She is the temporary adviser for CIEE: Global Institutes.
Schedule an appointment with Tineka Lebrun. Go to 422B Boucke Building, University Park, at your appointment time.
Erica Nikolaisen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Erica advises for programs in Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, the Middle East, and Africa.
Schedule an appointment with Erica Nikolaisen. Go to 422C Boucke Building, University Park, at your appointment time.
Sarah Spiegel (email@example.com)
Sarah advises for programs in Spain, Portugal, Latin America, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, and the Netherlands.
Schedule an appointment with Sarah Spiegel. Go to 422A Boucke Building, University Park, at your appointment time.
Jamie Weaver (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jamie advises for programs in Italy.
Schedule an appointment with Jamie Weaver. Go to 426B Boucke Building, University Park, at your appointment time.
Full Education Abroad Staff List
Visit our staff directory in order to see the full list of Education Abroad staff.