Three Rs Campaign
Welcome to the New Penn State Global
While the global pandemic presented profound challenges, Penn State has not waivered in its commitment to global engagement. We used this time of transition to innovate across our new Penn State Global strategic plan, begin new initiatives, and reorganize our operations to enhance our collaboration across the institution. From an additional emphasis on pathways to global learning beyond education abroad participation, to a new group connecting current international students with our global alumni family, to exciting new programs which connect international and domestic students together to assist with global concerns in our local communities, Penn State Global is devoted to supporting pervasive global engagement at this land-grant university.
Rediscover Study Abroad
As the world changes, we invite you to rediscover what it means to study abroad:
- Our Back to the World program offers scholarships and free passports, doubling our annual scholarship allotment for 2022-23 and expanding the impact of our financial support.
- Penn State students can choose from several types of education abroad experiences including semester or year-long programs, summer courses, short-term faculty-led embedded programs, and international internships.
- The Perreault Fellows program provides generous funding for an international internship experience at the conclusion of a two-year long leadership development and mentoring co-curricular program.
- We are committed to serving students across the Commonwealth and advancing justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and sustainability through our academic program offerings, student involvement opportunities, and program leader training.
Explore our 350+ programs on the Education Abroad website and begin planning your experience by setting up an appointment with an Education Abroad Adviser today!
Reimagine Your Community
Every year, we welcome thousands of international students and visitors to our Penn State family. Reimagine your community by:
- Welcoming 10,000+ international students from 140+ countries across all of Penn State's campuses
- Engaging in multicultural experiences like the Global Engagement and Leadership Experience (GELE)
- Learn how to incorporate an Experiential Digital Global Engagement (EDGE) experience that offers virtual collaborative projects for students to engage with partners abroad into your curriculum.
- Creating bonds with others through shared experiences, like trips to famous historical sites such as Gettysburg and Washington, D.C.
Connect with students, staff, and faculty from around the world today! Learn more about Penn State Global’s community engagement efforts.
Want more information on how to be more globally engaged? Sign up for the Global Gazette newsletter to find events near you, or get in touch with an International Student Programmer at your campus!
Reengage The World
Penn State's $1bn research enterprise has far-reaching impact around the world. The university's commitment to being a global land-grant university starts with you.
- Get involved with a global research program, like the Water, Energy, and Food (WEF) Nexus
- Apply for a student or faculty Fulbright experience
- Explore opportunities for collaboration with our strategic partners, like Freiburg University in Germany, Monash University in Australia, or the University of Auckland in New Zealand.
- Learn about developing and proposing a program
Learn more about Penn State's global engagement.
The world has changed.
So have we.
For More Information
For more information on how we have been transforming global engagement, read the Penn State Global 2021 Annual Report.