Meet with an Education Abroad Adviser
There are many types of education abroad experiences and requirements associated with them. Learn who you can speak with about your overseas experience.
During the Academic Year (fall and spring semesters)
Scheduled Appointments (with a specific adviser):
Tuesday: 1 PM - 4 PM
Wednesday: 1 PM - 4 PM
Walk-ins (general questions):
Monday: 1 PM - 4 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 12 PM
During the Summer
Students interested in speaking with their education abroad adviser over the summer should contact them directly to schedule an appointment or email EducationAbroad@psu.edu. The Education Abroad office does not have regularly scheduled appointments or walk-in hours available in the summer. All appointments must be made directly with the correct adviser during this time.
General Questions or Need Help Choosing a Program?
Visit our Steps to Study Abroad page to learn more about how to get started. We encourage students to view our online Study Abroad 101 module (or attend an in-person session during the regular semester) and speak with a peer adviser before scheduling a meeting with an education abroad adviser.
Types of Meetings
The education abroad advisers offer two types of meetings: scheduled appointments and walk-ins.
- Schedule an appointment to speak with an education abroad adviser who specializes in a certain region/country. See the section “Find Your Education Abroad Adviser” on this page to determine who you should meet with.
- Scheduled appointments are available Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1 PM - 4 PM.
- Appointments must be made online through Starfish (see the section "How to Make an Appointment" on this page for instructions)
- Appointments will be 20 minutes in length; please be punctual and prepared.
- All advising offices are located in 422 Boucke Building (across the street from the HUB) at University Park.
Commonwealth Campus Students
As it is difficult for you to attend an in-person appointment, advisers are available to talk to you on the phone. Please schedule your appointment through Starfish and call your advisers’ number at your scheduled time. Most Penn State campuses also have a contact person on the campus for advising on Education Abroad programs, and you can find their names on the campus representative page of our site.
- Walk-in advising with an education abroad adviser is available Mondays 1 PM - 4 PM and Thursdays 9 AM - 12 PM in 422 Boucke Building, University Park.
- Walk-in advising is only for general information about study abroad – for example: program search, site selection, application questions, costs and funding, etc.
- You will meet with whichever education abroad adviser is on duty that day – you cannot meet with a specific adviser during walk-ins. If you would like to meet with a specific adviser, please schedule an appointment with them.
- You can also visit our education abroad peer advisers for general questions any time Monday through Friday from 11 AM - 4 PM in 422 Boucke Building.
Please schedule an appointment with the correct adviser based on a location or program you are interested in. Make sure to indicate in your appointment which program or country you are interested in.
Renata Horvatek (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- International Internships
- Field Study/Research Programs
- Perreault Fellows Program
- Programs in Croatia & Greece
Tineka Lebrun (email@example.com)
- United Kingdom
Carrie Martins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Latin America
Erica Nikolaisen (email@example.com)
- New Zealand
- Middle East
- CIEE Global Institutes
Jamie Weaver (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Johnna Weston (email@example.com)
- Eastern Europe (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland)
- The Netherlands
How to Make an Appointment
- Once you have selected who you need to meet with, log in to Starfish
- Search for the Service “Global Programs - Directorate of Education Abroad”
- Find your adviser
- Please list the following in the description box when scheduling the appointment:
- Write the name of the region(s) or program(s) you are interested in
- List any topics of discussion
- For example: application process, costs & funding, travel logistics, health & safety, etc.
- Please be as detailed as possible
- If you do not write anything in the description box, your appointment will be canceled
- Come to 422 Boucke and check in at the kiosk at your scheduled time
Full Education Abroad Staff List
Visit our staff directory in order to see the full list of Education Abroad staff.