Connect With an Education Abroad Adviser
Education abroad advisers are your guide through the process of applying to and participating in an education abroad program. Each adviser manages a portfolio of programs and can help you through the whole experience, from program selection to returning from abroad and re-integrating back into life on campus. Our advisers are available to meet with all students, regardless of campus location. We offer in-person and Zoom advising appointments.
General Questions or Need Help Choosing a Program?
If you are just getting started or have general questions about the education abroad process, please review the following information before scheduling an appointment with an education abroad adviser.
- Complete the online Education Abroad 101 Module
- Visit the Steps to Study Abroad section of our website for an overview of the process
- Talk to an education abroad peer adviser, who can help you narrow down your options before meeting with an education abroad adviser
- Note that peer advisers are not available during the summer months (May through August)
Guidelines for Scheduling an Advising Appointment (during the fall and spring terms)
- Find your education abroad adviser in Starfish.
- Use the table on this page to navigate directly to an adviser’s Starfish service profile, or visit the Advising team’s Starfish Service Catalog to find your adviser.
- Please list the following in the description box when scheduling an appointment:
- Write the name of the region, country, or program you are interested in
- List topics of discussion and please be as detailed as possible. For example: application process, costs & funding, travel logistics, health & safety, etc.
- If you do not write anything in the description box, your appointment will be canceled and you will be asked to reschedule and include a description of your questions/interests
- If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, please cancel it in advance so that another student may take that advising slot.
Summer Advising Appointments
If you are interested in meeting with an education abroad adviser during the summer term (May through August), please email the appropriate adviser using the table on this page in the "Find Your Education Abroad Adviser" section. We do not publish advising appointments in Starfish outside of the fall and spring semesters, but we are happy to connect with you via email to schedule a meeting based on our availability in the summer.
Please email or schedule an appointment with the correct adviser based on a location or program you are interested in.
|Education Abroad Adviser Name||Email Address||Advising Portfolio||Schedule an Appointment in Starfish|
|Kristin Francoemail@example.com||Denmark, Italy, Sweden||Schedule an appointment with Kristin|
|Brandon McCartneyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Latin America, Portugal, Spain||Schedule an appointment with Brandon|
|Casey McClellanemail@example.com||Croatia, France, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, United Kingdom||Schedule an appointment with Casey|
|Chris Nischalkefirstname.lastname@example.org||Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, International Internships, Research & Field Study Programs, Perreault Fellows Program||Schedule an appointment with Chris|
|Sara Paligaemail@example.com||CIEE Open Campus Program (all locations), Middle East & North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Incoming Exchange Program||Schedule an appointment with Sara|
|Johnna Westonfirstname.lastname@example.org||Asia, Australia, New Zealand||Schedule an appointment with Johnna|