Volunteer with Global Programs
- Become an Education Abroad Global Ambassador or Education Abroad Peer Adviser. Global Ambassadors give presentations in classes, to student organizations, and departments about the benefits and basics of study abroad. Peer Advisers hold office hours to answer preliminary questions about study abroad, helping students have productive advising appointments with Education Abroad Advisers.
- Volunteer for the International Children's Festival this year on Saturday, March 28, 2015. This global family event is co-organized by Global Connections, a non-profit organization affiliated with Penn State and the Centre County United Way, and the Office of Global Programs.
- Volunteers are needed to:
Festival Crew - Staff an internationally themed tables teaching children about different cultures and traditions using crafts and games.
Logistics Crew - Set-up, decorate, minor program logistics, tear-down.
Questions about volunteering for the Children's Festival? Contact Global Connections.
- iLeap Mentor (Office of Summer Session)
- iLEAP mentors lead small groups of international students taking summer classes and organize programs and activities. For more details about the iLEAP program and becoming an iLEAP mentor contact the Office of Summer Session. Apply to be a summer iLEAP mentor (paid)
We want to empower all students to participate in creating a Global Penn State!
Student Organizations who are globally-focused are eligible to receive up to $2,500 annually from Global Programs to host events. The purpose of this funding is to carry out Global Programs’ strategic goal of creating a global environment at Penn State. Imperative to this initiative is global citizenship and global leadership, both of which require student engagement and a strong commitment from student organizations. By using the funds from Global Programs, student organizations will play a critical role in their own global leadership development by engaging students in meaningful experiences that lead to global citizenship for all students. This funding cannot be used for conferences, or traveling outside of the State College area. Organizations must be recognized by the Student Activities Office, apply six weeks prior to the event, and complete a short post-event reflection. Any questions should be directed to email@example.com.
If funds are received, the contact person as is listed on the funding application is required to complete the short post-event report by the last day of the month in which the event occurred. For example, if an event occurs on September 17th, the report must be completed by September 30th.