Global Engagement and Leadership Experience (GELE)
What is the Global Engagement and Leadership Experience?
The Global Engagement and Leadership Experience, as the name implies, is a "global" leadership opportunity. What does that mean? At GELE we explore our ability to interact across differences; both at the individual and group level. Our trained facilitators work to guide you in your understanding of self, while also providing opportunities to learn about the cultures of others. The skills you need to work across differences ("intercultural") are important no matter your major or future career goals.
What will you take away from this experience?
- A certificate of attendance
- A personal Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) profile
- Friendships and an expanded professional network
- Preferred placement in other Global Penn State student leadership opportunities
- Full-time student status
- An interest in self-growth
The Spring 2022 Global Engagement and Leadership Experience will be held from Friday, April 22 to Sunday, April 24. Transportation, housing, and meals are provided.
Click here to apply to GELE!
If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.