Perreault Fellows Program
International Internship and Global Leadership Fellowship
The Perreault Fellows Program is a competitive global leadership and internship program that prepares students from multiple disciplines for personal and professional excellence through learning in cross-cultural leadership, ethics, service, personal-mentoring, and an internship abroad related to health and the betterment of human condition broadly speaking. Each year the program seeks to enroll a diverse group of Penn State undergraduates in a 2-year, co-curricular program, the centerpiece of which is an internship abroad during the summer between the junior and senior years.
The program prepares students for global leadership through participation in the Global Engagement and Leadership Experience (GELE), a workshop through the Rock Ethics Institute, mandatory service, and a presentation on their learning outcomes to the Provost’s Global Advisory Council.
- US Citizens and permanent residents
- Exceptional dedication to academic excellence and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Junior class standing at the time of participation and enrollment in a degree program within one of the following colleges:
- College of Agricultural Science
- Eberly College of Science
- College of Engineering
- College of Information Science and Technology
- College of the Liberal Arts
- Smeal College of Business
- Demonstrated financial need
- Interest in pursuing a career in the field of health and human well-being
- Spring of Sophomore Year: Application period begins
- Fall and Spring of Junior Year: Pre-internship workshops: Ethical leadership, Global leadership and intercultural awareness, International Internships and Career Development
- Summer Internship: Related to the field of health and human well-being: 8 weeks minimum
- Fall of Senior Year: Post-internship reflection sessions and presentations, Engagement in community service
Perreault Fellows will get financial support (max. $7,500.00USD) for their international internship experience. These fellowship funds will be used to cover international travel, accommodation, and living expenses. This program does not cover tuition for internship credits.
- Application Opens: Mid-April
- Application Deadline: September 10
- Final Interviews: September - October
- Fellows Selected: Mid-October
Contact Dr. Renata Horvatek, International Internships and Perreault Fellows Adviser, at email@example.com, or call (814) 865-5195 for more information about the fellowship.
The fellowship program is funded by a generous gift to Penn State Global Programs from Paul and Beverly Perreault.