Pre-Arrival Q&A for New Students
Event Start Date: 2022-07-14 at 07:30:00
Event End Date: 2022-07-14 at 08:30:00
Join Nicole, Frances, and Margaret from Pre-Arrival Advising for a Q&A session designed to help incoming Penn State Students learn about immigration.
We will review topics listed below and answer general questions regarding immigration processes.
Pre-Arrival Advising is a part of International Student and Scholar Advising of Penn State Global. https://global.psu.edu/
Sessions are designed to help incoming students with initial immigration questions.
- iStart and the I-20 ( or DS-2019) Request process
- Financial Guarantees – required documents and what it acceptable https://global.psu.edu/article/financial-guarantee-requirements
- SEVIS Transfer Process
- The I-20 or DS-2019 and I-901 fee – Information on the document and what the fee is for https://global.psu.edu/category/you-arrive
- F-1/J-1 visa application process and what to expect at the Embassy interview
- Arrival – what to expect at the port of entry and your F-1/J-1 obligations upon arrival