Student, Individual, and Group Participant Workshops
If you are going on an official Study Abroad program through Education Abroad, you do not need to complete this workshop, as this requirement is fulfilled during your orientation.
All students (undergraduates, graduates, medical residents, law) and authorized community members who are traveling outside of the United States on university business, with university funds or with a university organization, or for any reason other than an official Education Abroad program must participate in an Emergency Preparedness Workshop offered by the Global Safety Office prior to their travel departure date and renew their travel eligibility if their participation date isn't within two years of the return date of their intended travel.
This includes any travel by students to an international destination which is for educational, research, or business purposes tied to the traveler’s affiliation with the University and travel by groups affiliated with the University, such as Recognized Student Organizations and travel to professional conferences/meetings regardless of the funding source including if the University travelers’ costs are paid by an outside organization.
If you are unsure of your need to attend please contact us.
About the Online Emergency Preparedness Workshop
The Emergency Preparedness Workshop addresses procedures for medical, political, and natural disaster emergencies as well as managing day to day risks while traveling internationally.
- Please complete the online workshop to meet this requirement at least 30 days in advance of your departure date to be in compliance with the international travel policy. Limited exceptions may be granted.
- The length of the workshop varies, but attendees should prepare to spend about an hour to complete this travel requirement.
- This workshop runs on expression engine and is not tied to your WebAccess ID.
If you require any special accommodations please contact the Global Safety Office by email or by phone at 814-863-8788.
Once you have completed the workshop and passed the mandatory quiz you will receive a certificate of completion and your international travel record will be marked as compliant within the TSN system during the final review of your record. The Global Safety Office will be notified upon your completion of the workshop and quiz, you do NOT need to send us a copy of your certificate.
Instructions to Complete the Online Workshop
Please ensure that you are using the latest version of your browser when completing the online workshop.
If you are completing this workshop for the first time you will need to create a new account. If you already have an account you can simply login.
- To create a new account, click the ‘Create an Account’ link at the top of the page.
- Once your account is created you will automatically be logged in. Click ‘View Dashboard’.
- The Dashboard is where your certificate will be stored once you complete the course. To start the course, click ‘Start Course’.
You can get to the dashboard at any time if you click on the ‘Menu’ button at the top of the page. If you have difficulties accessing the course, viewing your certificates, or any other technical problem, there is a link on your Dashboard to 'Contact Support'.
If you experience any difficulty accessing the module please email the Global Safety Office with the error message you are receiving.