Steps to Study Abroad
The planning stages outlined below will help you have the best study abroad experience possible. We recommend that you begin this process at least one year prior to the semester you plan on studying abroad.
Study Abroad 101
The process of studying abroad can feel overwhelming for many students, with hundreds of program options to consider, application requirements to complete, and deadlines to remember. That's why the Study Abroad 101 was created - to help students get started and stay on track.
What is the Study Abroad 101?
A Study Abroad 101 is a one-hour presentation designed to give you an overview of studying abroad through Penn State.
What will I learn?
- How to navigate the Education Abroad website and search for programs.
- How to make an appointment with an adviser and start an application.
- How to evaluate cost and financial aid opportunities.
- Many other things to consider!
How is it offered?
- Live and in person Study Abroad 101 presentations are facilitated by the Global Ambassadors, a Penn State student organization of students who have studied abroad, in partnership with the Education Abroad Office.
When is it offered?
- There are several Study Abroad 101 in-person presentations offered in on the University Park campus throughout the fall and spring semesters. Dates and times are listed at the end of this page.
- Students at all Penn State campuses and can access a recorded Study Abroad 101 Webinar. A transcript of the webinar is available online to read at any time.
I’m interested. Who can I talk to about this?
- Interested students can also meet with our Peer Advisers during walk-in hours - no appointment necessary! Peer advisers receive phone calls and emails from students at campuses other than University Park.
|Wednesday, September 5, 2018||4:00 PM||Boucke 410|
|Wednesday, September 12, 2018||12:30 PM||Boucke 412|
|Wednesday, September 19, 2018||4:00 PM||Boucke 412|
|Wednesday, September 26, 2018||12:30 PM||Boucke 412|
|Wednesday, October 3, 2018||4:00 PM||Boucke 412|
|Wednesday, October 10, 2018||12:30 PM||Boucke 412|
|Wednesday, October 24, 2018||12:30 PM||Boucke 412|
|Wednesday, October 31, 2018||4:00 PM||Boucke 412|
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018||12:30 PM||Boucke 412|
|Wednesday, November 14, 2018||4:00 PM||Boucke 412|
|Wednesday, November 28, 2018||4:00 PM||Boucke 412|
|Wednesday, December 5, 2018||12:30 PM||Boucke 412|
|Wednesday, December 12, 2018||4:00 PM||Boucke 412|