Steps to Study Abroad
The planning stages outlined below will help you have the best study abroad experience possible. We recommend that you begin this process at least one year prior to the semester you plan on studying abroad.
Education Abroad 101 Presentation
The process of studying abroad can feel overwhelming for many students, with hundreds of program options to consider, application requirements to complete, and deadlines to remember. That's why we created a presentation to help students navigate the education abroad process.
What will I learn?
- General overview of education abroad opportunities at Penn State
- How to search for programs
- How to evaluate cost and financial aid opportunities
- Next steps in the process
How is it offered?
Live via Zoom
- Live presentations are facilitated by education abroad peer advisers via Zoom. Visit the education abroad peer adviser website to learn more about our Peer Adviser program!
Fall 2021 Live Sessions (via Zoom)
|Date||Time||Location||Zoom Registration Form (Required to Attend)|
|Tuesday, October 5, 2021||4:00 p.m. EDT||Zoom||Zoom registration form for session on October 5|
|Wednesday, November 3, 2021||12:00 p.m. EDT||Zoom||Zoom registration form for session on November 3|
|Wednesday, December 8, 2021||4:00 p.m. EST||Zoom||Zoom registration form for session on December 8|
- Students who are unable to join a live presentation can take advantage of our online Education Abroad 101 module.
- Students must create an account to access the module.